I went for a christian program last year August (Heart enlargement speciale) hosted by Pastor Tara Akinkuade of the standing church, international ministry. On day two of the event, the choir came up and ministered a song that spoke about being called out of the mundane to were I am ordained… Every bit of the lyrics of the song that day, touched my soul,spirit and body. I sang the song within me, till I got back to my friend’s sister house, were I stayed for the program. Immediately I got back to school, I searched for the song, and there it was, “OPEN UP” by Dunsin Oyekan.
I had listened to a couple of songs by music Revivalist, Dunsin Oyekan, before I went for the heart enlargement program and was also a little accustomed to his style of music. So, I was not surprised a bit, that he was the crooner of the amazing song (Open up) that birthed a spiritual revival in me after the heart enlargement program.
I can remember vividly, that for quite some time ”Open up” was the only song I played whenever I went for my morning walk,because the song just had and still has a way of moving me into action spiritually, whenever I listened to it. He has also sung so many other amazing and spirit lifting songs. As a matter of fact, his recently released gospel hit “Fragrance to fire” (Song is available here) is not an exception.
This gospel giant and revivalist, like I always refer to him as, has touched so many lives with his spirit-led songs,and I know deep within me that there are still many more amazing songs to come from him. Dusin Oyekan, is one Gospel artist, who inspires me a lot as an upcoming artist.Its no wonder, I decided he has to be the first worship culture forever “Artist of the week“.
Down here are some interesting facts about Dunsin Oyekan.
- Dunsin Oyekan (born November 5, 1985) is a Nigerian contemporary Christian, singer-songwriter, producer, instrumentalist and recording artist..
- He is popularly referred to as ‘The Eagle’.
- He is the convener of the Code Red Worship Experience.
- Dunsin Oyekan is the only son of a Pastor father and a pioneer of the Pentecostal move in Nigeria, Gbadebo Oyekan .
- He started singing and playing the guitar at age 10.
- He attended Airforce Nursery and Primary school Ilorin, Federal Government College Ilorin and Baptist Model High School Ilorin.
- He thereafter proceeded to study Industrial Chemistry at the University of Ilorin, Kwara State.
- He attributes his love for music and songwriting to his father who also loved music and encouraged him to learn the guitar.
- He was the music director of the crystal award winning choir, The Avalanche of COZA for many years .
- His debut album Code Red, a 14 track album was released in 2016 .
- He has over 30 songs to his credit including the popular hit ‘Na You’ which he featured American Gospel music icon Kim Burrell. He has shared stage with notable musicians such as Tasha Cobbs, Kurt Carr, Don Moen, Byron Cage, Tye Tribbett, William Murphy, Kim Burrell, Sinach, Tasha Page-Lockhart, Frank Edwards, Freke Umoh to mention a few. There is still a lots more to come from this gospel music giant.
- The contents of this page are sourced from Wikipedia article. The contents are available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license.